East Housing Area
East Housing Area is the largest residence hall complex on campus, with over 4,000 first-year students living in 14 coed traditional residence halls. The majority of students live in a double room with one roommate, while some students are assigned to a supplemental housing room, which are located every building.
Learn more about East Housing!
View building floor diagrams, room furnishing dimensions, and room diagrams and photos:
- Bigler, Curtin, Geary, and Packer
- Brumbaugh, Pinchot, Sproul, and Tener
- Hastings, Snyder, and Stone
- Earle - Opening fall 2017! floor plan coming soon.
- Due to renovation projects, McKean, Pennypacker, and Stuart Halls will be offline during the 2017-2018 academic year.
East Housing Area Information
- In the center of the East Halls complex is the Findlay/Johnston Commons Building. Findlay/Johnston offers a commons desk, computer lab, a ResCom office, East Halls Residence Hall Association office, and a Cultural Lounge as well as lounges available for programming and studying.
- Covered walkways lead from the residence halls to Findlay/Johnston Commons. Several food service facilities are located in East Halls.
- Within a short walking distance are Bryce Jordan Center, Beaver Stadium, intramural fields, and the Ag Arena. Located on the second floor of Johnston, the central office for Residence Life and the Assignment Office are available for students who need assistance.
- East Halls features the Tri-ROTC, Liberal Arts, and Education Special Living Options.