Pollock Housing Area
Pollock Housing Area is the third largest housing area on campus and the second largest for housing first-year students. Students live in coed traditional residence halls, with most residents sharing a double roomwith one roommate. There are also several supplemental housing spaces in Pollock.
Learn more about Pollock Housing!
View building floor diagrams, room furnishing dimensions, and room diagrams and photos:
- Beaver Hall is designated coed on the floor - both genders are assigned to sections of the floor and each gender has a designated restroom to use on the floor.
- Ritner, Hartranft, Shulze, Hiester, Shunk, Mifflin, Wolf, and Porter Halls are designated coed by the floor - one gender is assigned to a floor, with genders varying by floor. There is one bathroom per floor.
The Pollock Library building, which offers a computer lab, is also located within the housing area. Pollock Commons Building offers students a cultural lounge, recreational room, commons desk, a Residential Computing (ResCom) office, and the Pollock Halls Residence Association. Students won't go hungry with the options at Pollock Dining Commons - they can choose from an all-you-care-to-eat dining commons and The Mix - a venue that features a convenience store, a coffee bar, and grill area.
Pollock is just blocks away from McCoy Natatorium (swimming pools), tennis courts, the varsity track and field facility, Eisenhower Auditorium, and HUB-Robeson Center.
Pollock Halls features several Special Living Options:
- Biology Home (BIOME)
- Discover House
- Engineering and Applied Sciences Interest House (EASI)
- First-Year in Science and Engineering House (FISE)
- Forensic Science Interest House (FSI)
- Health and Human Development House
- International Languages House (ILH)
- Leadership and Service
- Liberal Arts Paterno Fellows House
- Living in a Free Environment House (LIFE)
- Millennium Scholars Program
- Sophomore Year Experience (SYE)
- Women in Science and Engineering House (WISE)
Break Access/Holiday Housing is offered in Beaver, Hartranft and Mifflin Halls.
Room Diagrams and Photos