Robinson Hall is one of the newest residence hall to be built at University Park. Opening for fall 2017, Robinson will be located in North Housing Area. Robinson Hall is an updated version of a traditional residence hall, offering students double occupancy rooms with shared, private bathroom pods. The building will also feature a living room, kitchen, laundry room, study space, and knowledge stations. The building is coed by room (each room is single gender, but may be next to a room of opposite gender.)
In 1871, Sarah E. Robinson was hired as the first music instructor at the Agricultural College of Pennsylvania (known as the Farmer’s High School of Pennsylvania, 1855-1862) in its sixteenth year of existence. This swelled the size of the total faculty to ten. The student body at that time totaled 75. The students liked this choice because a large number of music students reside in North Halls. They also liked the idea of naming the new hall after one of the early female instructors.
BUILDING AND ROOM INFORMATION:
|Robinson||First Floor||Second Floor|
|Third Floor||Fourth Floor|
|Room||15' 6"||11' 10"|
|Refrigerator/Freezer||19 11/16"||18 11/16"||44"|