University Housing will close for Spring Break, and students who do not have a Break Access/Holiday Housing HFS Contract are expected to vacate the buildings (you may leave your belongings in your room). Please make your travel plans to and from State College with these dates in mind:
- Saturday, March 4 - housing CLOSES at 12:00 p.m (Noon)
- Sunday, March 12 - housing OPENS at 10:00 a.m.
Checklist: Before you leave for the break, be sure to check-off these tasks:
- remove all trash from room
- close windows/drapes/blinds
- turn off all electronics/lights
- lock windows and room door
- if your room has a thermostat, turn down temperature setting
Need to Stay on campus during Spring Break?
DO YOU NEED A TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT?
Limited space is available for students who did not accept a Break Access/Holiday Housing HFS Contract and are not able to leave campus for Spring Break.Sign-up for accommodations is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Monday, February 20 - Friday, February 24
- 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST Monday-Friday
- Location: Assignment Office, 201 Johnston Commons East Housing Area
- Accommodation Options and Total Cost:
- Eastview Terrace (single room with private bathroom) $240.00
- Residence Halls (double room with a roommate) $200.00 *limited space available!
- Supplemental Housing (large room with 5-7 roommates) $160.00
- No additional cost for Campus Meal Plan - the meal plan will be available to use during the break. Limited food services options will be open.
- Payment: cash, Visa, or MasterCard at the time of sign-up.
- Accommodations are available for the entire break, not on a nightly basis.
If all available space is used, information about hotel accommodations will be provided.
ARE YOU CURRENTLY LIVING IN A BREAK ACCESS BUILDING?
If you live in a break access building (Beaver, Brill, Hamilton, Hartranft, McElwain, Mifflin, Miller, and Young Halls) and need to stay during the break, you are not eligible for a temporary assignment but can stay in your room. Please contact the Assignment Office to request Break Access/Holiday Housing to be added to your existing contract. The additional cost will be applied to your LionPATH student account.
Students living in Nittany and White Course Apartments are eligible to stay during breaks - no additional step is required.
Questions? Contact Assignment Office 814-865-7501