Amenities & Features
White Course Apartments, located on the west side of the University Park campus, provides a unique environment for full-time graduate students – single students, couples, and families, as well as undergraduate students who are married or have a family. A supportive staff and an excellent safety/security program help to make campus life easier and more comfortable. Special activities and programs help residents get to know one another – and form friendships that will last a lifetime.
- Eligible students interested in a family apartment or a graduate single-student apartment may submit a lease application through eLiving to be considered for residency in White Course. Residents are obligated to follow the terms of the White Course Apartment Lease as well as the White Course Rules and Regulations.
- Three of the single-student apartments buildings are also reserved for single, undergraduate students - these students are offered housing through the undergraduate housing process (not the leasing process!). Students with a Housing and Food Service (HFS) Contract who are assigned to White Course are obligated to follow the HFS Contract Terms, Conditions, and Regulations, as well as the White Course Rules and Regulations.
White Course Apartments complex includes the following units:
- Family one-bedroom unfurnished apartments (40 units available)
- Family one-bedroom furnished apartments (28 units available, effective fall 2016)
- Family two-bedroom unfurnished apartments (44 units available)
- Family two-bedroom furnished apartment (1 unit available)
- Family three-bedroom unfurnished apartments (10 units available)
- Family three-bedroom furnished apartment (1 unit available)
- Single-student graduate student four-bedroom furnished apartments (2 buildings available)
- Single-student undergraduate student four-bedroom furnished apartments (3 buildings available)
- View floor plans here.
School-age children residing in White Course Apartments attend the State College Area School District.
White Course also features the Weston Community Center, where many events and activities are held and space is available for residents to reserve for meetings and parties.
Below is a list of amenities that are included in the White Course Apartments lease payment.
Internet connections are provided in your rental unit and included in your rent. For assistance connecting to the Internet, please visit the ResCom (Residential Computing) Web site.
Electricity, Heat, and Air Conditioning
Electricity, heat, and air conditioning are provided, and the cost is included in your monthly rent. A thermostat control unit for both air conditioning and heat is located in the living room area. Refer to rules and regulations for items prohibited.
- Single-student apartments: A courtesy telephone is installed in the kitchen. Local, on-campus, or emergency phone calls to 911 can be made on this phone. A calling card is required for long-distance phone calls.
- Family apartments: A telephone connection is available in the apartment and included in the rent. Residents are responsible for bringing a phone and cord. To activate the landline phone service, visit the Weston Community Center to complete a phone activation form.
Trash and Recycling
Trash and recycling containers are located outside each residence area. Please follow guidelines for keeping the community healthy and safe.
Water usage fees are included in your monthly rent. It is important to conserve water. The water in White Course Apartments is the same water available to the rest of Penn State and is tested regularly for safety.
Electronic Card Access System
The majority of apartment buildings feature an electronic card access system that is in service seven days a week, 24 hours a day. The Weston Community Center does not use the card access system and is open from 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m., seven days a week, excluding holidays. Only individuals indicated on the lease (aged 10 and older) are eligible for card access. Family members may not share their Penn State id+ Card with other family members or guests.
Each rental unit is equipped with a washer and dryer; there is no additional fee for using the laundry machines.
Mail and Delivery Service
Mailboxes with combination locks are located in the Weston Community Center, next to the Information Desk. To receive mail, please follow the addressing directions as specified in the rules and regulations.
Packages delivered by U.S. mail, UPS, FedEx, and other carriers will be delivered to the Community Center. When a lease resident receives a package, an email message will be sent to the primary lease holder. All packages can be picked up at the Information Desk.
The apartments for single students are furnished with the amenities listed below. All units are air conditioned. Mini-blinds are provided for all windows. Carpet is in the living room and bedrooms, and linoleum is in the kitchen and bathrooms.
The majority of family apartment units are unfurnished. All units are air conditioned. Mini-blinds are provided for all windows. Carpet is in the living room and bedrooms, and linoleum is in the kitchen and bathroom.
Several apartment units are furnished. All units are air conditioned. Blinds are provided for all windows. Carpet is in the living room and bedrooms, and linoleum is in the kitchen and bathroom.
Children's Play Area
Two playgrounds with jungle gyms are located near the Community Center.
Community garden plots are available in the complex for growing flowers, vegetables, and spices. Please do not plant anything in the ground surrounding the apartment buildings.
Events and Activities
Community-wide monthly activities, such as dinners and social and educational programs, help residents get to know each other. Visit the listing of events and activities for specific dates, times, and descriptions.