East Housing Area
East Housing Area is the largest residence hall complex on campus, with over 4,000 first-year students living in 16 co-ed residence halls. The majority of students live in a double room with one roommate, while some students are assigned to a supplemental housing room, which are located in every building.
East Housing Area is currently under renovation! WE ARE very excited to renovate the traditional residence halls and provide students with additional amenities and features.
Learn more about East Housing Area!
Traditional Residence Hall Information
OFFLINE 2018-2019: Due to renovation projects, Brumbaugh, Pinchot, and Tener Halls will be offline during the 2018-2019 academic year.
Room Types offered in Traditional Residence Halls:
- double, traditional
- quad, traditional
- supplemental, traditional
New/Renovated Residence Hall Information
Room Types offered in New/Renovated Residence Halls:
- double, renovated
- single, renovated (limited rooms in Earle and Martin Halls)
- quad, renovated
General East Housing Area Information
- In the center of the East Housing Area complex is the Findlay/Johnston Commons Building, which offers students these amenities:
- Covered walkways lead from the residence halls to Findlay/Johnston Commons.
- Within a short walking distance are the IM Building, McCoy Natatorium, Bryce Jordan Center, Beaver Stadium, intramural fields, and the Agricultural Arena.
- Located on the second floor of Johnston, the central office for Residence Life and the Assignment Office are available for students who need assistance.
Special Living Options available in East Housing Area:
- Joint Service ROTC
- First-year in Liberal Arts
- First-year in Education