Fall Break Closedown
IT'S ALMOST FALL BREAK!!!
UNIVERSITY HOUSING WILL CLOSE FOR FALL BREAK ON SATURDAY NOVEMBER 17 AT NOON (12:00 P.M.) ET
11/15/18: closing time is still scheduled for Noon. Please make appropriate arrangements to leave University Housing by Noon. If there is a change due to weather, an announcement will be made.
Late stays on Saturday, November 17 after Noon are NOT permitted - all students must leave University Housing prior to 12:00 p.m. ET closing. If you are not able to leave campus by 12:00 p.m. ET on Saturday, you will need to make alternative arrangements until you can leave.
Students who do not have a Break Access/Holiday Housing HFS Contract are expected to vacate the buildings (you may leave your belongings in your room).
Please make your travel plans to and from State College with these dates in mind:
- University housing CLOSES at 12:00 p.m. ET on Saturday November 17
- University housing OPENS at 3:00 p.m. ET on Friday November 23
Early arrivals on November 23 are not permitted - building access will not operate until 3:00 p.m. November 23. Students who arrive on campus prior to opening will need to make alternative arrangements until University Housing opens.
DO YOU NEED A TEMPORARY ROOM ASSIGNMENT FOR THE BREAK?
Sign-up will occur:
- Monday November 5 - Friday November 9, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET (or until space fills up)
- Location: Assignment Office, 201 Johnston Commons
- Accommodations are for a supplemental housing space (a large room with 6-8 roommates)
- Cost: $150.00
- Payment: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express at the time of sign-up
- No additional cost for Campus Meal Plan - the meal plan will be available to use during the break. Limited food service options will be open.
- Accommodations are available for the entire break, not on a nightly basis.
- If all available space is used, information about hotel accommodations will be provided.
Questions? Contact the Assignment Office 814-865-7501
Safe Travels during fall break! We hope that you enjoy this time with family and friends.