Fall Semester Closedown
Fall Semester Closing 2019
University Housing will close for the end of fall semester at 4:00 p.m. EST on Saturday December 21.
All students, except those with Break Access/Holiday Housing HFS Contract, must vacate University Housing prior to the 4:00 p.m. closing time. Late stays are not permitted after this time. If you are unable to leave campus before 4:00 p.m., you will need to make alternative arrangements for after that time period.
YOU MAY LEAVE YOUR PERSONAL BELONGINGS IN YOUR ROOM OVER BREAK, although we do recommend taking home any valuables.
Please make your travel plans to and from State College with these dates in mind:
- University housing CLOSES at 4:00 p.m. EST on Saturday December 21
- University housing OPENS at 8:00 a.m. EST on Saturday January 11
Early arrivals before 8:00 a.m. on Saturday January 11 are NOT permitted - building access will not operate until 8:00 a.m. January 11. Students who arrive on campus prior to Saturday will need to make alternative arrangements until University Housing opens.
Checklist: Before you leave for the break, be sure to check-off these tasks:
- remove all trash from room
- close windows/drapes/blinds
- turn off all electronics/lights
- lock windows and room door
- if your room has a thermostat, turn down temperature setting
NEW SPRING ROOM ASSIGNMENT
If you have a new room assignment for the spring semester, please visit the Room Assignment Changes page to learn about the process of checking out of your fall room assignment.
TEMPORARY ROOM ASSIGNMENT
Limited space is available for students who did not accept a Break Access/Holiday Housing HFS Contract and are not able to leave campus for the winter break. Accommodations will be located in supplemental lounges in designated break buildings. Sign-up for accommodations is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
DO YOU NEED A TEMPORARY ROOM ASSIGNMENT FOR THE BREAK?
Sign-up will occur:
- Monday December 9 - Friday December 13, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET (or until space fills up)
- Location: Assignment Office, 201 Johnston Commons
- Accommodations are for a supplemental housing space (a large room with 6-8 roommates)
- Cost: $525.00; payable by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express at the time of sign-up
- No additional cost for Campus Meal Plan - the meal plan will be available to use during the break, however, limited food service options will be open.
- Accommodations are available for the entire break, not on a nightly basis.
If all available space is used, information about hotel accommodations will be provided.
Questions? Contact the Assignment Office 814-865-7501
Safe Travels! We hope that you enjoy this time with family and friends.