Fall Break Closedown
FALL BREAK CLOSEDOWN 2017
University Housing will close for Fall Break, and students who do not have a Break Access/Holiday Housing HFS Contract are expected to vacate the buildings (you may leave your belongings in your room). Please make your travel plans to and from State College with these dates in mind:
- University housing CLOSES at 10:00 a.m. EST on Sunday, November 19
- University housing OPENS at 10:00 a.m. EST on Sunday November 26
Late stays on Sunday, November 19 or returns prior to Sunday, November 26 are NOT available. If you are not able to leave campus by 10:00 a.m. EST on Sunday, and/or if you will return prior to Sunday, November 26, you will need to make other housing arrangements.
NEED TO REMAIN ON CAMPUS DURING FALL BREAK?
Limited space for a temporary relocation is available for students who are not able to leave campus for Fall Break. Sign-up for accommodations is offered on a first-come, first-served basis; see below for instructions.
Note: If you live in a break access building (Beaver, Brill, Hamilton, Hartranft, McElwain, Mifflin, Miller, and Young Halls) and need to stay during the break, you are not eligible for a temporary assignment but can stay in your room. Please contact the Assignment Office to request Break Access/Holiday Housing to be added to your existing HFS Contract.
Students living in Nittany and White Course Apartments are eligible to stay during breaks - no additional step is required.
Temporary Housing Sign-Up Process
- Sign up Available: Monday November 6 - Friday November 10, or until space is filled
- Location: Assignment Office, 201 Johnston Commons, East Housing Area
- Cost: $140.00
- Payable by VISA or MasterCard at the time of sign-up
- Housing Accommodation: Supplemental Housing (large room with 5-8 roommates)
- Food Services: limited food service options available on campus
- Accommodations are available for the entire break, not on a nightly basis.
- If all available space is used, information about hotel accommodations will be provided.
Contact the Assignment Office 814-865-7501