Summer Housing Options
Upper-class students registered for summer courses at University Park are eligible to live on campus. The University is not able to house students who are not taking summer courses scheduled through the Registrar.
To request on-campus housing, please follow these steps:
- Schedule summer 2016 courses using eLion
- Review room and board rates and housing options available
- Email the Assignment Office from your Penn State Access Account to request a Housing and Food Service (HFS) Contract. Include your summer course schedule - begin/end date (You must be scheduled for courses before a HFS Contract will be offered).
- Accept the HFS Contract offer in eLiving. Indicate your preferred housing option on the contract
- The Campus Meal Plan for summer is only available at Level One. Remaining dining dollars at the end of summer will be transferred to the student's fall Campus Meal Plan (if one is purchased).
Students attending Maymester will be housed in Beaver Hall, and will have the opportunity to relocate to either Nittany Apartments or Eastview Terrace after May 15.
First-year students admitted for summer 2016 will automatically accept the Housing and Food Service (HFS) Contract for both summer and fall during the process of accepting the offer of admission to Penn State. If a student changes his/her enrolled semester AFTER accepting the offer, please contact the Assignment Office to request a summer HFS Contract. HFS Contracts can be viewed in eLiving to verify.
LEAP Program Participants
Students participating in the LEAP program will be assigned to either a double, triple, quad, or a supplemental room in Simmons or McElwain Halls (traditional residence halls). If a student has a mutual non-LEAP roommate request, assignment will be either a double or supplemental room in Beaver Hall (traditional residence hall). LEAP participants are not eligible to live in the renovated residence halls.
Students who are not participating in the LEAP Program are eligible to request either a double room in Chace, Haller, or Lyons Halls (renovated residence halls) or a double room or supplemental housing in Beaver Hall (traditional residence hall). There is a higher room rate for renovated residence halls. The preference for room/building type can be indicated on the HFS Contract.
The Campus Meal Plan for summer is only available at Level One. Remaining dining dollars at the end of summer will be transferred to the student's fall Campus Meal Plan (if one is purchased).
Room Assignments and Arrival Information
Summer room assignments will be posted in eLiving approximately 2 weeks before summer session II begins. Students attending Maymester or summer session I will be notified of assignment by email.
Visit the Arrival website to learn more information about when to arrive, what to pack, what to leave at home, etc.