Time to Move Out: Spring Semester Closing Information
It's hard to believe, but spring semester is quickly drawing to a close - and that means finals and packing up!
University housing closes on Sunday, May 8 at 4 p.m. Students living in Beaver, Miller, and Stuart Halls will need to move out by Saturday May 7 at 4 p.m. Students are not permitted to stay beyond the official closing of University housing.
Here's what you need to do:
- Remove all personal belongings and clean your room. Visit Moving-Out for detailed cleaning information. Don't forget, you can stop by your commons desk to check out vacuum cleaners and cleaning supplies.
- Complete the checklist and sign the check-out form.
- Schedule a room inspection with your RA or a Housing staff member.
- Lock your door and return your key to the commons desk. (If you don't return your room key, you will be charged $58 fee per core. This will show as a ADJ HFS DMG charge on your student account.)
- Update your permanent address in LionPATH to have U.S. mail forwarded. Also update your permanent address with any online vendors you order from. Packages received after spring closedown won't be forwarded - they will be returned to sender.
Students who can't take home all of their belongings at the end of spring semester can contact Storage Squad to have items stored during the summer. Storage Squad provides packing materials, pickup, storage, and delivery (including a door-to-door option) of belongings. Students are responsible for the contract with the company.
If you're going to be at University Park for Summer Session, please contact Pollock Housing for storage options.
Another option for stuff you don't' want is donating it to Trash to Treasure. Give it up for good!
Because of construction and renovations, parking options at North and East residence halls will be limited. Students living in North and East are encouraged to move out within 24 hours of their last final - this will help ease traffic congestion. Residents in these areas will receive an email with details about parking.