Upper-class Waitlist Available for 2016-2017
Housing Waitlists for the 2016-2017 academic year will be available in eLiving beginning Noon Friday February 5, 2016 for upper-class students.
The Waitlists that are displayed for a student to select from is based on a student's eligibility:
1. Upper-class students interested in living on campus who do not currently have a Housing and Food Service (HFS) Contract:
- The Supplemental Housing Waitlist will be available.
- Offers for HFS Contracts are made as it's determined space is available in on-campus housing. The Assignment Office is unable to predict when/if a student will receive an HFS Contract offer, but encourage students to be patient throughout the spring semester as we work through the process.
- When a student accepts the Supplemental HFS Contract, his or her implies the understanding that, at a minimum, he or she will be assigned to supplemental housing. The student will automatically be considered for reassignment to regular housing space, but can only be reassigned if space becomes available. After accepting the HFS Contract, the student is also eligible to add his or her name to the other available Waitlists (see below).
2. Upper-class students who already accepted a Housing and Food Service (HFS) Contract, but are interested in other housing options:
- The following Waitlists will be available:
- Eastview Terrace
- Nittany Apartments
- White Course Apartments
- Nittany Hall Suites
- North Hall Suites
- Single Rooms in Traditional Residence Halls
- Double Rooms in Renovated Residence Halls
- Special Living Options:
- Arts and Architecture House
- Ally House
- Business and Society House (BASH)
- Engineering House (E-House)
- Earth and Mineral Sciences House (EMS)
- Forensic Science House
- Health and Human Development
- Leadership and Service
- IST House
- Living in a Free Environment House (LIFE House)
- Schreyer Honors College (for Schreyer students only)
- Simmons/Atherton Halls (for non-Schreyer students)
- Sophomore Year Experience
- Women in Science and Engineering House (WISE)
- Students are encouraged to review the current room rates of these housing options before adding his or her name on the Waitlist. Room rates for the 2016-2017 academic year have not been approved yet by the Board of Trustees, but will be posted on the room rates website late February/early March. Please anticipate a 3-5% increase of the current year room rate.
- As vacancies become available in these housing options, a student on the Waitlist will be automatically reassigned. If a student adds his or her name to the Waitlist, it implies willingness to be reassigned to that space. Once assigned, the student cannot request to be reassigned back to the original room assignment/housing option type.
- A student can remove his or her name from a Waitlist at any time.
- Students will also be able to use the Room Exchange eBoard in eLiving once room assignments are posted in July to help facilitate room changes. Information about that process will be provided at that time.
Questions? Please contact the Assignment Office 814-865-7501