University Housing has something for everyone! First-year students enjoy living in traditional residence halls throughout campus, and upper-class students can select from traditional and renovated residence halls, suites, and apartments. Graduate and students with families will find White Course Apartments a convenient option.
No matter what housing area becomes your home at Penn State University Park, you’ll be within walking distance to dining facilities, computer labs, and classrooms, and will enjoy your #LiveTheTradition experience.
WE ARE excited to be working on our construction and renovation plan to upgrade our facilities! Ongoing renovation work will continue every year to complete the East and Pollock Housing Areas, with expected completed slated for fall 2025.
- View a Google Map for any housing area.
- East Housing Area is the largest residence hall complex on campus, housing approximately one-half the first-year student population in 16 coed traditional or renovated residence halls.
- Eastview Terrace houses upperclass students in seven residence halls. Each student has a single room with a private bath, and each floor is clustered into houses. A study/social space and laundry facility is located in each hall.
- Nittany Apartments houses upper-class, undergraduate students in two- and four-bedroom garden apartments and four-bedroom townhouse apartments. Each apartment accommodates four single students of the same gender, and features a living room and kitchen.
- Nittany Hall offers a four-person suite, with two double bedrooms and a shared bathroom.
- North Housing Area, an all-coed housing complex, is home to many first-year students participating in a Special Living Option. North Housing Area accommodates the majority of students in two- and four-person suites. A newly built residence hall offers more traditional-type housing, with double rooms and individual, private-use bathrooms.
- Pollock Housing Area is the second largest residence hall complex, with nine traditional coed residence halls. The majority of the halls are reserved exclusively for first-year students, making Pollock the second largest first-year living environment.
- South Housing Area is flanked by campus and downtown State College. South Halls offers coed residence halls, with the majority of space being reserved exclusively for upper-class students or first-year students who are members of the Schreyer Honors College. Renovations have occurred to several buildings, and offer upper-class students updated rooms with flexible furniture, a common living room/kitchen suite on each floor, and individual private-use bathrooms. Several buildings are reserved for Sorority Chapters.
- West Housing Area has a traditional collegiate feel - the brick buildings open onto a quad with symmetrical walkways and arches that lead to the heart of campus. First-year and upper-class students are assigned to the six coed traditional residence halls.
- White Course Apartments are located on the west-end of campus and provides a convenient and comfortable apartment complex for undergraduate and graduate students, as well as students with families.
- Over half of the available single-student apartment buildings are reserved for undergraduate students, with the remaining space available for graduate students. Graduate students and students with families interested in living at White Course should visit our Graduate and Family Housing page for additional information.