Student Working

How to Get a HFS Contract

WE ARE excited to learn that you are interested to #LiveTheTradition at Penn State! There are different processes for incoming first-year students and current students, please select the page to learn more about the process to obtain a Housing and Food Service (HFS) Contract. Current students will also want to refer to the housing process timeline

Information Sessions

Learn about information sessions offered during Parents and Family Weekend.

Change of Campus

Information for a student who is attending a Penn State Commonwealth Campus and considering a Change of Campus to University Park and wants to live on campus.

Current Students

Students currently living on campus at University Park who are interested in returning to on-campus housing.

Transfer Students

A student currently attending another university or college who has been accepted to Penn State as an upper-class student. 

Incoming First-Year Students

Prospective students who are offered admission to Penn State University Park, where all first-year students are required to live on campus. 


Penn State values diversity in its student population and feels strongly that living with others from different backgrounds, cultures, and ethnic groups serves to enhance the college experience. Learn more about the roommate matching process.

Living Learning Communities (LLCs)

Students currently living on campus at University Park and are an active member of a Living Learning Community who want to return to the LLC next year.