Spring Break Closedown
SPRING BREAK 2018
University housing will close for Spring Break at 12:00 p.m. (noon) on Saturday March 3.
All students, except those who have a Break Access/Holiday Housing and Food Service (HFS) Contract, are expected to vacate the buildings by this time. You may leave personal belongings in your room.
Please make your travel plans to and from State College with these dates in mind:
- University housing CLOSES at 12:00 p.m. EST (Noon) on Saturday March 3
- University housing OPENS at 10:00 a.m. EST on Sunday March 11
Early arrivals before Sunday March 11 are not permitted - building access will not operate until 10:00 a.m. Students who arrive to campus prior to that time will need to make alternative arrangements until University Housing opens.
Checklist: Before you leave for the break, be sure to check-off these tasks:
- remove all trash from room
- close windows/drapes/blinds
- turn off all electronics/lights
- lock windows and room door
- if your room has a thermostat, turn down temperature setting
Limited space is available for students who did not accept a Break Access/Holiday Housing HFS Contract and are not able to leave campus for Spring Break. Students who did not previously sign up for Break Access/Holiday Housing and are assigned to a Break Access building are not eligible for temporary assignment - those students will be billed for Break Access Housing, as the student can stay in the assigned room. Accommodations will be located in supplemental housing lounges in designated break buildings. Sign-up for accommodations is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
DO YOU NEED A TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT?
Sign-up will occur:
- Monday, February 12 - Friday, February 16, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST
- Location: Assignment Office, 201 Johnston Commons
- Cost: $160.00; payable by Visa or MasterCard at the time of sign-up
- Accommodations are available for the entire break, not on a nightly basis.
- This is a temporary re-assignment, students do not need to remove all items from permanent assignment. Only items needed for the week should be moved into the temporary assignment. During the break, the student will not have access to their permanent room assignment.
If all available space is used, information about hotel accommodations will be provided.
Questions? Contact the Assignment Office 814-865-7501