Pollock Housing Area
Pollock Housing Area is the third largest housing area on campus housing over 2,700 students. Approximately 2,000 first-year students call Pollock Housing Area home, making it the second largest housing area for first-year students. Pollock Housing Area offers students coed traditional residence halls, with most residents sharing a double room with one roommate. Buildings offer common-use bathrooms on each floor. Supplemental housing rooms are offered in every building. Break Access/Holiday Housing is offered in Beaver, Hartranft and Mifflin Halls.
Learn more about Pollock Housing!
Residence Hall Information
- Beaver Hall is designated coed on the floor - both genders are assigned to sections of the floor and each gender has a designated common-use bathroom per floor.
- Ritner, Hartranft, Shulze, Hiester, Shunk, Mifflin, Wolf, and Porter Halls are designated coed by the floor - one gender is assigned to a floor, with genders varying by floor. One common-use bathroom is available per floor.
Room Types offered in Traditional Residence Halls (some room types may not be available in every building):
- double, traditional
- double small, traditional
- single, traditional
- quad, traditional (limited availability)
- quad with bath, traditional (limited availability)
- triple with bath, traditional (limited availability)
- supplemental, traditional
General Pollock Housing Area Information
- Pollock Commons Building offers students the following amenities:
- The outdoor quad area offers a basketball court.
- Within a short walking distance are the Pollock Library building, which offers a computer lab, McCoy Natatorium, Eisenhower Auditorium, and HUB-Robeson Center.
Special Living Options available in Pollock Housing Area:
- Break Access/Holiday Housing (Beaver, Hartranft, Mifflin)
- Biology Home (BIOME)
- Discover House
- Engineering and Applied Sciences Interest House (EASI)
- First-Year in Science and Engineering House (FISE)
- Forensic Science Interest House (FSI)
- Health and Human Development House (HHD)
- Leadership and Service
- Liberal Arts Paterno Fellows House
- Living in a Free Environment House (LIFE)
- Millennium Scholars Program
- Sophomore Year Experience (SYE)
- Women in Science and Engineering House (WISE)
Room Diagrams and Photos