Room Assignment Changes Fall -> Spring
Changing your room assignment for spring semester?
WE ARE excited that you will have a new room assignment for spring semester! Please be aware that your new spring room may currently be occupied by another student, and may not be available for you to access before you leave at the end of fall semester. Between December 10-15, stop by the Commons Desk in the area of your spring assignment to see if you can access your new room.
Spring Room Is Available
If your new spring room is vacant NOW, you may sign-out a loaner key between 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. on December 10-15.
This key must be returned!
- Valuable items such as electronics cannot be stored.
- Items must be in a box or container (taped shut), or suitcase; no trash bags.
- Items must be clearly labeled with your name, spring room/building, PSU ID, and phone number.
- Place items on the bed; room setup is not permitted, this is a drop-and-go feature.
- Complete an In-Room Storage form (PDF file)
Spring Room is NOT Available
If your new room is still occupied, contact the Housing area of your new spring assignment for self-storage options.
- Complete a Self-Storage form (PDF file)
Check-out of your fall assignment by 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 15
You must completely check-out of your fall room assignment, regardless of the status of your spring room. You are responsible for the condition of your current room when you move out.
- Pack all of your belongings.
- Clean your room according to the check-out instructions.
- Complete the checklist and sign check-out form.
- Contact your RA or Housing (see times below) for a courtesy inspection.
- Lock your door.
- Return your room key to your housing area Commons Desk. Failure to return your room key before 4:00 p.m. December 15 will result in a $64 core change fee per core charged to your LionPATH account. Your building access will be removed at this time.
*Moving carts will be made available in your building lobbies or by sign-out on a first come, first served basis.
Based on when you want to check-out, please contact the appropriate staff to conduct an inspection. Please remember, many students will be also requesting to check-out, and a staff person may not arrive at your room immediately upon your request. Please request a check-out time well in advance of your actual departure time to allow staff the opportunity to adequately check-out all students.
- Monday-Wednesday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Housekeeping staff in your current building can process your check-out inspection.
- Monday-Wednesday 4:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. Contact the Residence Life staff member who is listed on your RA's room door.
- Thursday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. Contact the Residence Life staff member who is listed on your RA's room door.
- You must check-out of your fall assignment and return your room key by 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 15.
- There is NO Trash to Treasure collection for this move-out. Please consider donating your unwanted, usable items directly to a local charity. Otherwise, please recycle and discard appropriately.
- Return Green2Go containers to your area Dining Commons. You will receive a carabineer for a new container next time you want take-out, or you will receive a full refund of $5.00.
Have a safe and relaxing winter break!