Spring Break Closedown 2019
Spring Break Closedown
University Housing will close for Spring Break, and all students who do not have a Break Access/Holiday Housing HFS Contract are expected to vacate the buildings (you may leave your belongings in your room). Please make your travel plans to and from State College with these dates in mind:
- Saturday, March 3: University Housing CLOSES at 12:00 p.m (Noon)
- Sunday, March 10: University Housing OPENS at 10:00 a.m.
Checklist: Before you leave for the break, be sure to check-off these tasks:
- remove all trash from room
- close windows/drapes/blinds
- turn off all electronics/lights
- lock windows and room door
- if your room has a thermostat, turn down temperature setting
Need to Stay on campus during Spring Break? Limited space is available for students who did not accept a Break Access/Holiday Housing HFS Contract and are not able to leave campus for Spring Break. Sign-up for accommodations is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you live in a break access building (Beaver, Brill, Hamilton, Hartranft, McElwain, Miller, and Young Halls) and need to stay during the break, you are not eligible for a temporary assignment but can stay in your room. Please contact the Assignment Office to request Break Access/Holiday Housing to be added to your existing contract. The additional cost will be applied to your LionPATH student account.
Students living in Nittany and White Course Apartments are eligible to stay during breaks - no additional step is required.
Temporary Assignment Sign Up Instructions:
- Monday, February 18 - Friday, February 22, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST
- Location: Assignment Office, 201 Johnston Commons East Housing Area
- Accommodation Options and Total Cost:
- Supplemental Housing (large room with 5-7 roommates) $200.00
- Eastview Terrace (single room with private bath) $280.00
- No additional cost for Campus Meal Plan - the meal plan will be available to use during the break. Limited food services options will be open.
- Payment: Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express at the time of sign-up.
- Accommodations are available for the entire break, not on a nightly basis.
This is a temporary re-assignment, students do not need to remove all personal items from the permanent assignment. Only items needed for the week should be moved into the temporary assignment. During the break, the student will not have access to the permanent room assignment.
- If all available space is used, information about hotel accommodations will be provided.
Questions? Contact Assignment Office 814-865-7501