Summer-to-Fall Storage Options
Summer Students - don't want to lug your personal belongings home at the end of Summer Session II? Not to worry - you have the option to use our drop-and-go storage option to store your belongings before the end of summer session! We also permit local residents to utilize this service.
Please review the building availability list below - not all residence halls are available, due to summer session residency, conferences/camps, maintenance, or project work. If your building is NOT available, you can contact your fall Housing Area Office about storage options available in the area. Drop-and-go storage is a service that the University offers for your convenience. To use this service, you acknowledge that you are permitted to drop off your personal items to store, and that this is not a time for you to set up your room.
DROP-AND-GO STORAGE GUIDELINES
- Drop-and-Go Storage is available ONLY during these times: Monday August 6 - Saturday August 11, between 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. You will NOT be able to store items after this timeframe or on other days.
- Storing items is "at your own risk." Penn State assumes no liability in providing this service, and recommends that students have proper insurance coverage for all personal property. Only non-valuable items may be stored - please do not store electronics or valuable items.
- All items must be labeled with your full name, PSU ID, fall room assignment, and your cell phone number.
- If your room is available, this option is a drop-and-go storage option. You will not be permitted to unpack or set up your room. All items should be placed on the bed/dresser.
- If your room is not available, Housing will provide you the ability to store your items in a general storage area provided by Housing. Be sure to discuss with Housing staff what pick-up times will be offered for when you return to campus. There may be limited times to retrieve your belongings.
- If you change your room assignment after August 1, please be aware that your new room may not be available. You will need to contact Housing to verify status.
INSTRUCTIONS IF YOUR BUILDING IS AVAILABLE
- Visit the Commons Desk at your fall Housing Area between Monday August 6 - Saturday August 11, between 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Sign-out a room loaner key
- Drop your belongings in the room; put all items on the bed. Lock the door when you leave
- Return room loaner key by time indicated. Failure to return the room key will result in a $64.00 per core charge fee, which will be added to your student LionPATH account.
You will need to setup an appointment with Housing Operations between Monday August 6 - Saturday August 11, between 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Updated: August 9
THIS LIST CAN BE UPDATED AT ANY TIME. Certain rooms may not be available.
|HOUSING AREA||BUILDING||ROOM AVAILABILITY|
Earle, Hastings, Snyder, Sproul, Stone
|Rooms are available for loaner key signout|
|Bigler, Geary, Packer, Curtin||Rooms are NOT available; contact Housing Operations to schedule storage appointment|
|Martin, McKean, Pennypacker, Stuart||Rooms MAY be available for loaner key signout; contact Housing Operations to confirm|
|Pollock||Porter, Shulze, Ritner, Wolf||
Rooms are available for loaner key signout
|Shunk||Rooms are available for lonaner key signout, but elevator is currently out of service|
|Beaver, Hartranft, Hiester, Mifflin||Rooms are NOT available; contact Housing Operations to schedule storage appointment|
|South||Atherton, Copper, Cross, Ewing, Haller, Hibbs, Hoyt, Lyons, Stephens,||Rooms are available for loaner key signout|
|McElwain, Simmons||Rooms are NOT available; contact Housing Operations to schedule storage appointment|
|Chace||Rooms MAY be available for loaner key signout, contact Housing Operations to confirm|
|North||Beam, Holmes||Rooms MAY be available for loaner key signout, contact Housing Operations to confirm|
|Leete, Robinson, Runkle||
Rooms are available for loaner key signout
|West||Hamilton, Irvin, Jordan, Watts||Rooms are available for loaner key signout|
|McKee, Thompson||Rooms MAY be available for loaner key signout, contact Housing Operations to confirm|
|Eastview||Curry, Harris, Nelson, Panofsky||Rooms are available for loaner key signout|
|Brill, Miller, Young||Rooms are NOT available; contact Housing Operations to schedule storage appointment|
|Nittany||Nittany Apartments||Rooms are NOT available, no storage options|
Rooms are NOT available, contact Housing Operations about storage options.
*****Students cannot move in until after 6:00pm Friday, August 17
|White Course||Dunham, Garban, Grubb||Rooms are available for loaner key signout|