Summer Housing Options
WE ARE happy to offer on-campus housing during the summer session!
Learn more about the process to receive a HFS Contract:
Current upper-class Penn State students registered for summer courses at University Park are eligible to live on campus. The University is not able to house students who are not taking summer courses scheduled through the Registrar and have an active account in LionPATH.
To request on-campus housing, please follow the steps below. HFS Contracts will be offered beginning Monday March 11.
- Schedule summer courses in LionPATH
- Review room and board rates and housing options available
- Email the Assignment Office from your Penn State Access Account to request a Housing and Food Service (HFS) Contract. Include your summer course schedule - begin/end date: you must be scheduled for courses before a HFS Contract will be offered
- Accept the HFS Contract offer in eLiving. Indicate your preferred housing option on the HFS Contract
- Chace Hall (limited availability starting May 10)
- Nittany Apartments (available starting May 17)
- Eastview Terrace (available starting May 17)
- The Campus Meal Plan for summer is only available at Level One. Remaining dining dollars at the end of summer will be transferred to the student's fall Campus Meal Plan (if one is purchased).
Students attending Maymester will be housed in Chace Hall, and will have the opportunity to relocate to either Nittany Apartments or Eastview Terrace starting Sunday May 17.
Step Program Participants
Students participating in the STEP program will be assigned to a double space in a traditional residence hall building in Pollock Halls. If a student has a mutual non-STEP roommate request, the roommate will be assigned to the STEP space with the STEP student.
First-year students admitted for summer will automatically accept the Housing and Food Service (HFS) Contract for both summer and fall during the process of accepting the offer of admission to Penn State. If a student changes his/her enrolled semester AFTER accepting the offer, please contact the Assignment Office to request a summer HFS Contract. HFS Contracts can be viewed in eLiving to verify. Students will be able to indicate a housing preference for either a traditional or renovated residence hall. Room assignments are processed in date-order of when the student accepts the offer of admission, and there is no guarantee that a student will be assigned to the preference indicated on the HFS Contract.
LEAP Program Participants
Students participating in the LEAP program will be assigned to either a double, triple, quad, or supplemental room in a traditional residence hall or a double room in renovated residence hall. If a student has a mutual non-LEAP roommate request, assignment will be either a double or supplemental room in a traditional residence hall.
Students who are not participating in the LEAP Program will be assigned to double or supplemental room in a traditional residence hall or a double room in renovated residence hall.
Campus Meal Plan
The Campus Meal Plan for summer is only available at Level One. Remaining dining dollars at the end of summer will be transferred to the student's fall Campus Meal Plan.
Room Assignments and Arrival Information
Summer room assignments will be posted in eLiving approximately 2 weeks before summer session II begins. Students attending Maymester or summer session I will be notified of assignment by email.
Visit the Arrival website to learn more information about when to arrive, what to pack, what to leave at home, etc.