three students hanging out in a residence hall room

Transfer Students

Transfer Students from other Universities

University Park reserves a limited number of space in double rooms, traditional residence halls, for students who are transferring to Penn State from another university. 

The Housing and Food Service (HFS) Contract is available in the offer of admission to Penn State. Transfer students who are interested in living on campus have the option to accept both the Offer of Admission and HFS Contract by accessing MyPennState, following the prompts, and paying the non-refundable admission fees and housing deposit. The student will agree to the HFS Contract signing statements and the Terms, Conditions, and Regulations (TCRs)

After the offer of admission and HFS Contract are accepted, the HFS Contract will then be available in the eLiving system, where the student can indicate preferences such as housing area, roommate, Special Living Option, and Campus Meal Plan level by noon May 15. Students will also be eligible to add their name to one Waitlist for another housing option.

If on-campus housing is no longer available or a student is interested in living off campus, the Office for Off-Campus Living website is available to explore housing options in the local community.

Transfer Students from another Penn State Campus

Penn State students who are transferring to University Park from another Penn State campus should follow the Change of Campus process.